- 6 cups cubed red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 ounces bacon (2 or 3 strips)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (any color, we used green)
- 1 ear of grilled sweet corn
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Freshly ground pepper
Put the potatoes in a large pot; add water just to cover and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels and finely chop. Add the bacon back to the pan with the onion and cook until the onion is soft. (You can omit this step if you like crunchy raw onions instead - I don't!)
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and bell pepper. Toss in the onions and bacon. Cut the grilled corn off the cob and add the kernels to the potatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over the potato mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate or serve at room temperature.
Makes 4-6 servings
Recipe from Amy
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!