Saturday, June 5, 2010

#95 :: Crispy Skinned Herb & Lemon Butter Chicken

I made this one up on my own! I'm so proud of myself! I surveyed the cabinets and the refrigerator, chose some ingredients, applied a cooking method I've learned, and voila! This is my first recipe creation, and it was GOOD!



Ingredients
  • 8 chicken leg quarters with skin on, patted dry
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 stick butter
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
  • Several sprigs of fresh thyme, tied in a bundle
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • Parmesan (I sprinkled it over the chicken before serving)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Lay out the chicken legs, pat them dry with a paper towel, and then season them with salt.

In a sauce pan over low heat, add butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, and a pinch of salt. Heat on low until butter is melted.

Heat the oil in a large nonstick fry pan over medium heat. Pat the chicken dry once more, as the salt will bring out any additional moisture from the skin. Fry the chicken over medium heat, skin side down, for 7-10 minutes until skin is golden and crisp. Flip the chicken, cook the other side for about 2 minutes, and transfer the legs to a baking dish, skin side up.

Remove the thyme sprigs from the butter mixture, then pour over the chicken. Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.


Makes 8 legs / 4 servings

Recipe from ME! :)

Star Rating: 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment