- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, thinly shredded
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, halved and diced
- 8 ounces sour cream
Heat grill to high.
Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and on the top rack of the grill while the steak is grilling.
Heat grill pan over high heat. Brush steak with oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill on one side until golden brown and slightly charred, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the steak over and cook to medium-rare doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes longer. Let rest 5 minutes then slice against the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices.
Fill each tortilla with some lettuce, 3 to 4 pieces of meat, onion, sour cream, and avocado.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe from Boy Meets Grill on Food Network
Star Rating: 3 out of 5 stars