- 2 pound(s) Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Heat oven to broiler setting. Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Place potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and continue to cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes more. Drain and return all but 1 cup of potatoes to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Stir in the ricotta, milk, butter, remaining salt, and pepper to blend. Add the reserved potatoes and mash just until combined. Spoon 1/2 cup potatoes into 10 six-ounce ramekins and set on a baking pan. Place under broiler until browned. Serve hot.
Makes 8 servings
Recipe from Country Living
Star Rating: 4.5 out of 5