Sunday, April 11, 2010

#79 :: Grilled Chicken & Roasted Zucchini

With our Sweet Potato Fries came the healthy portion of the meal -- grilled lemon pepper chicken and roasted zucchini. Honestly, I think I could eat any vegetable if it was roasted. Something about roasting them makes them taste sooo good! Much better than out of a can, and it doesn't take any more work than a can would!




Ingredients

3 zucchini, sliced into quarters
4 chicken breasts
Lemon Pepper marinade


Directions

We marinated the chicken breasts in a store bought lemon pepper marinade. I should have made my own, and now I wish that I would have, but sometimes you just have to take a short cut! After it sits in the marinade for at least an hour, grill it on med-high heat on each side for 8-10 minutes.

For the zucchini, trim off the ends, slice them into quarters and lay them out on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil, add salt & pepper to taste, and bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes.





No "recipe" used

Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment