Thursday, April 15, 2010

#81 :: Grilled Potatoes

I've always loved these! They were definitely a favorite when I was a kid. I just can't seem to get them exactly the same way my mom used to.....but I continue to try!




Ingredients

  • Usually 1 or 1/2 potatoes per person (you can make your own decision as to how large you want your portions to be)
  • Butter
  • Parmesan cheese

Directions

Slice your potatoes fairly thin (I like to use russet or Yukon gold) and pile them up on a large square of aluminum foil. Gather the sides up around the potatoes, making a bowl. Add 2-3 pats of butter and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and close them up. Grill them on a rack, not directly on the grill or directly over the coals - the bottoms will burn that way. Grill them over med-high heat for 30-45 mins. Cooking time will vary depending on your grill heat. You can open the top of the foil to check the potatoes...when a fork is inserted easily and the edges are beginning to brown, they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment