Sunday, April 4, 2010

#75 :: Easter Dinner :: Glazed Ham

I love Easter dinner. I remember when I was young, my mom would always make Easter dinner and dress me up in my cute little Easter dress. My grandparents would come over all dressed up in their Sunday best, and we'd all eat dinner together. Now that I'm grown and preparing my own Easter dinners, I always have to make my mom's ham. It just wouldn't be Easter without it!




Ingredients

1 pre-cooked sliced ham (choose your favorite, sliced as thick as you like)
1/2 c brown sugar
1 can pineapple rings
Maraschino cherries (optional)


Directions

To make the glaze, mix 1/2 cup of brown sugar with 1 Tbsp. of pineapple juice from the can of rings. Add more pineapple juice if necessary to get to the right glaze consistency. It should be spreadable, but not watery.

Arrange the ham slices in a baking pan and bake at 325 for 10-15 minutes. Remove the ham, brush on the glaze, and pour the remaining glaze over the ham. Add pineapple rings on top of each slice, and add a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring. Then put it back into the oven to bake for another 10-15 minutes.


Makes enough glaze for 4-6 slices.

Recipe from: My Mom :)

Star Rating: 5+ out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment