Jamie says this recipe is one of his favorites so far. It was simple to make, but big on flavor. I made a couple adjustments to this recipe, and I noted them. This is something we'll definitely be having again soon!
- 2 ears roasted corn (*we omitted the corn, we didn't have any)
- 1 pound rotelle pasta, or any spiral-shaped pasta (*we substituted angel hair)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup roasted garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (*we substituted dried parsley flakes)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (*we substituted shredded mozzarella)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Wrap corn in foil and roast in preheated oven for about 1 hour. This can be done in advance on a prep day. Do the same with the garlic cloves.
Cook rotelle according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn cut from cob, zucchini and onion and saute for 3 minutes, until golden brown. Add oregano and cook 1 minute. Add broth and roasted garlic and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes. Pour mixture over pasta and toss to combine, adding cooking water, if necessary, to moisten pasta. Fold in parsley and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Transfer pasta to a serving platter and top with feta cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe from Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller on Food Network.
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars