- 16 ounces red new potatoes
- 3 to 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Herbed Sour Cream, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a wooden spoon as a cradle, place each potato in the spoon and make several parallel slits into each potato top making sure not to slice completely through. Place 3 garlic slices between slits at the crown of each potato. Toss in a medium bowl with butter and olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake until tops are crispy and potatoes are cooked through, about 1 hour. Transfer to a platter and top with Herbed Sour Cream.
Herbed Sour Cream:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season, to taste, and refrigerate until use.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe from Cooking for Real on Food Network.
Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars