- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a drizzle
- 1/2 pound Spanish or Mexican chorizo
- 1/2 pound mushroom caps, quartered
- 1 cup diced Mexican melting cheese or Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bag corn tortillas or blue corn tortillas, any variety
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Dice the Spanish chorizo and add to the pan to render the fat. If using fresh Mexican chorizo, remove the casing and crumble while it's browning. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook with the sausage until just tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer the sausage mixture to a small casserole or baking dish and top with the cheese. Bake until bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with the scallions. Serve with chips for dipping, or warm corn tortillas.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe from 30 Minute Meals on Food Network.
Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars